“Paleo…so easy a caveman can do it”!!!
As the “Whole Life Challenge” approaches, we’re all getting excited and amped up for this incredible event. Everyone’s getting their fish oil ready, buying a foam roller and lacrosse balls for your mobility, clearing out all the junk from your fridge and replace them with “Paleo” approved food. Life is great, until you run into this problem…”How do I stay Paleo while I’m on the road?” Don’t worry, you’re not alone, as the matter of fact everyone of us has been in that situation. To keep you on track with your healthy lifestyle while having fun with friends, we have come up with tips and a list of our favorite places that while not 100% “Paleo ” but will get you fairly close.
- Stick with “Paleo” ingredients: Meats, vegetable, nuts and fruit.
- For the road trips, camping in the wilderness and similar activities, pack the “paleo” kits, coconut water, or if those are not available regular pre-packed beef jerky is fine but not the most ideal
- If you’re at a restaurant, do order any entree with meat being the center of the dish, and if possible (most likely) tell the kitchen to replace the usual side like mash potatoes, rice or fries with steamed vegetable, and skip the complimentary bread…I know they’re very tempting
- Alcohol is out of the question especially beers, if you gotta have one, stick to clear liquor and don’t go over 1-2 drinks, skip the chasers and the mixes.
- Try to steer clear and away from the fast food restaurants, their foods(even the meat) can survive a nuclear attack!
List of favorite “Paleo” friendly diners:
- Free Birds burrito
- Flame Broiler
- Waba Grill
- L&L Hawaiian BBQ
- Maui Hawaiian BBQ
- Charro Chicken
- El Pollo Loco
- Malibu Fish Grill
- Slater’s 50/50
- Stone Fire Grills
There you go guys, above is the list of our favorite places to grab a Paleo friendly meal, but as long as you stick to the tips above, you should have no problem staying within 90% of Paleo. Though these will not replace a proper home cook meal, so don’t take this for granted guys. Good luck and see you at “Whole Life Challenge”!