Egg, Sweet Potatoes, Bacon Salad!
Ok, let’s be real…we live in a hustle-bustle busy life of the 21st century. So living and eating a Caveman lifestyle isn’t going to be a walk in the park. And how many of us would agree that we don’t even have enough time to get ready for work let alone cook breakfast and eat leisurely. Though we understand fully the benefits of a Paleo lifestyle, we seem to let the lack of time take us off the track.
But hey! Dread not my dear fellow health nuts, with this easy to follow recipe you can make a bulk breakfast and store it for a whole week!
This recipe is taken from www.paleoplan.com, it is a great website to fix any of your cravings!
- 1 small to medium sweet potato, diced
- 2 eggs
- 8 slices of bacon, diced
- 4 Tbs dill, finely chopped
- 2 Tbs mayonnaise (you can make your own with this recipe)
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- Place eggs in small sauce pan, cover with cold water, cover pan and place over high heat until just before boiling.
- Remove from heat and let sit, covered, for 13 minutes.
- Immediately rinse in cold water, peel eggs, dice and set aside.
- Meanwhile, dice sweet potato.
- Heat skillet over medium-high. When hot, add bacon and cook for 5 minutes. Add diced sweet potato and continue to cook until potato is tender and bacon is fully cooked.
- In a small bowl, mix dill, mayonnaise and lemon juice.
- Add eggs, sweet potato and bacon, and mix. Serve warm or cold.
Don’t let the lack of time be the excuse for not getting the health and fitness result you want! Bon apetit.